Q. What area do you serve?
A. We primarily serve the homeless population of Orange County, with some health care services being provided out of Los Angeles.
Q. I donated to the Illumination Foundation. How will my donation be used?
A. All undesignated donations go directly towards supporting our clients with Direct Client Care, such as rent assistance, bus passes, move in and move out costs, medical supplies, and any other materials that may be needed.
Q. I would like to work at the Illumination Foundation. How do I apply?
A. Please contact our Human Resources department for information on open positions: (949) 273-0555.
Q. How do I sign up to volunteer?
A. Visit our Volunteer Sign Up page, where you can provide us with your contact information, volunteer interests, and availability.
Q. What is the age limit for volunteers?
A. We accept volunteers of all ages! However, volunteers under the age of 18 must bring a signed parental consent form and volunteers under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Certain volunteer positions require a minimum age of 18. Please check with the volunteer department to know if you are eligible.
Q. Can my volunteer time be used to complete a school requirement or community service?
A. Yes. Please remember to bring in all necessary paperwork to be signed when you volunteer.
Q. What is the time commitment for volunteering?
A. Most weekend site events require up to six hours from our volunteers. We typically require Children’s Resource Center volunteers to commit to at least once a week for six months.
Q. I have limited time available for volunteering. What are other ways I can help?
A. Coordinating a drive is a great way to help that doesn’t require too much of your time. We are always in need of items such as clothing, diapers, canned food, gift cards, etc.
Q. Do I need to obtain a Live Scan?
A. Volunteers for our Recuperative Care Program, Children’s Resource Center and at our Multi-Service Center need to receive a Live Scan before volunteering.
Q. Do you offer immediate housing?
A. Yes. We immediately house families with children in our emergency housing units. If you need help, contact (714) 507-2459.
Q. I am a single adult in need of housing assistance. Can you help me?
A. We have a limited amount of interim housing available for single adults. Please contact (714) 507-2459 to inquire about availability.
Q. Do you provide medical services?
A. Yes. Several times a month, we provide medical outreach events throughout the Orange County community. For more information about these outreach events, please visit our Need Help Page.

Don’t see your question? Contact us directly.

IF's Response to COVID-19. Click Here for Hotline #


Lost your password?